Out Now: Cheech & Chong, UP IN SMOKE: 40TH ANNIVERSARY
Hey, everybody, it’s 4/20, and you know what that means, right?
That’s right: it’s the release date of Rhino’s 40th Anniversary reissue of Cheech & Chong’s UP IN SMOKE!
(Keep cool, man. We’re just trying to keep a low profile in case “the man” might be reading.)
Yes, Rhino has teamed up with Paramount Home Media Distribution to celebrate four decades of a film so funny that we’ve heard you don’t even have to be high to find yourself disintegrating into fits of giggles while you’re watching.
UP IN SMOKE: 40TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE COLLECTOR’S EDITION, which comes in a 12x12 package and is limited to 5,000 copies, kicks off with a Blu-ray of the film, of course, one which –among other special features – includes a new short-form documentary entitled “How Pedro Met the Man: Up in Smoke at 40” that offers new interviews with Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, and producer/director Lou Adler, along with archival footage from back in the day. From there, you get the original soundtrack on both CD and on vinyl, a 7” picture disc, oversized “Up in Smoke” rolling papers, a film poster, and a booklet featuring new essays by Marin and Chong as well as rare and unseen photos.
Oh, hey, man, there’s something else cool, too: Cheech & Chong have recorded a new version of “Up in Smoke” for the set! Plus, there’s a second previously-unreleased version for the theme song, but this one’s from 1978, and it’s got an addition Spanish verse by Cheech.
You’ll find the full scoop on the set’s contents below, so if you’re intrigued, ask yourself this question: could there possibly be any better date than this to go out and grab a copy for your collection?
Was your response to ask, “Does Howdy Doody got wooden Balls, man?” If so, then you knew the answer before you ever asked the question.
UP IN SMOKE 40th Anniversary Deluxe Collector's Edition (Blu-Ray/CD/VINYL LP)
• Feature film in high definition
• Commentary by Cheech Marin and director Lou Adler
• How Pedro Met the Man: Up In Smoke at 40-NEW!
• Roach Clips with Optional Commentary (deleted scenes)
• Lighting It Up: A Look Back at Up In Smoke
• "Earache My Eye" featuring Alice Bowie: Animated Music Video
• Cheech & Chong's "The Man Song"
• Vintage Radio Spots
• Theatrical Trailer
• Original soundtrack album featuring classic Cheech & Chong songs like "Up In Smoke" and "Earache My Eye," other music from the film, and audio clips from the film
• Previously unreleased version of the song "Up In Smoke" with an additional Spanish verse by Cheech
• "2018 version" of "Up In Smoke"
• Original soundtrack album on vinyl. Back in print for the first time since its initial release in 1978
• 7-inch picture disc of "Earache My Eye" b/w "Lost Due To Incompetence (Theme From A Big Green Van)" with an image of Cheech from the film on the A-side and the classic "YESCA" license plate image on the B-side
• Oversized "Up In Smoke" usable rolling papers
• 11x17 film poster with original, tagline "Don't Go Straight To See This Movie"
• Booklet with new essays by both Cheech Marin & Tommy Chong along with rare and unseen photos
For more information, click the buttons below: